What are the requirements for a floating license server?
Posted by Marco Paolini on 22 December 2017 02:40 AM
- The license server may not reside in a virtual machine unless you have purchased a Silhouette Floating License Server Dongle. The Silhouette Floating License Server Dongle only works on Windows and Linux.
- The floating license server requires a standard TCP/IP network setup.
- The server may not be a DHCP client and must have a fixed IP address.
- The floating license server needs to be installed on a machine that has good uptime.
- The floating license server may not be installed on a laptop.
- The installation and maintenance of the floating license software requires proficient use of the terminal and ascii editing programs. It also requires use of various command line programs to perform diagnostics and license upgrades.
- A firewall on the server or client machines may result in non-connectivity.
- The floating license does not allow you to work on a laptop disconnected from your server.
- Technical support is only available in English
- The manuals are only available in English.
- There may be a charge to change license servers after a permanent license has been issued.